Almost four months! You would think I have been working hard on getting this project done!
I know you weren’t – and I have not. Life reared it’s ugly head and, well, who cares 🙂 .
I had a free Friday evening and a few quite hours today and played with the station. I know I have built this before but this is going in a big scene (as I keep saying) and everything about the original was way too big. Too many polys and massive textures made it too hard to use. Also, the previous version I had built is not the one you can see at the museum site but a version Masao provided many years ago that is a bigger station.
This version is very low poly, uses masks for a number of things to reduce weight (saves memory) and is the version seen at the SFM site. This makes it so much easier to use because I can stuff ships in the finished scene and it will look busy enough. The doors all open and the interiors are there. I solved for the big (10 story tall) windows. The top/bottom domes are portholes for rooms. The main hanger dome perimeter rooms all have big picture windows. The attachment cylinders with the shuttle bays have large 4 meter(ish) size galleries.
I will have to render the interiors in separate passes for correct lighting. I will have ships in and outside if all goes well.
Anyway – still here folks!